Business Studies Department is one of the foremost departments of CHSE. We teach the students A level Business Studies and Economics and Business Studies (to the Edexcel GCE new syallabus from 2008 on wards). Our Department has maintained its pride with consistent results over the years and a strong set of experienced teachers to guide the students and help us achieve our objectives.
We believe in giving the students the knowledge which will help them to wade through the realities of business world and be successful in the areas they choose. Our past students are placed in good positions in our country as well as abroad and this reflects the efforts made by our qualified and committed teachers to make this happen.
Over the years, we have succesfully maintained the tradition of ‘doing things best in the best possible manner’ and clear strategies have been put in place to tackle any challenges we may face along the way.Top
- To give students the knowledge and develop the skills to solve problems which arise in businesses.
- To enable students to think of a new business idea and how they might research and develop it.
- To allow the students to relate to their experiences with Business Society and other extra-curricular activities.
- To know about the complexities of the modern business world and take decisions.
The International A levels are established qualifications and keeps pace with educational developments and trends. The International A level curriculum places emphasis on broad and balanced study across a wide range of subject areas. The curriculum is structured so that students attain both practical skills and theoretical knowledge.
Edexcel A level Business Studies is accepted by Universities and employers as proof of an understanding of business concepts and techniques across a range of different types of businesses. Successful Edexcel A level Business students gain lifelong skills, including:
- Understanding different forms of business organisations, the environment in which it operates and business functions such as marketing, operations, human resource and finance.
- An appreciation of the critical role of the people in the business success.
- Confidence to calculate and interpret business data.
- Ability to analyse business situations and reach decisions or judgements.
- Preparation for the world of work.
- Enables students to think about how their learning applies to their own business idea.
- Introduces students to international business, equipping them either to work in or to manage a business in an international context.
- The A2 unit on International Business gives far more prominence to this aspect of business, making the course feel up to date with the global nature of business today.
- A variety of assessment techniques are used: supported multiple-choice questions, data-response questions, case studies and a decision-making report based on real time datas allowing the students to have an hands on experience with intricacies of the business world.
Subject target for next year i.e. for the year 2011:
Having reached so far and that too with with great success, it cannot be said that we have no challenges ahead of us. In todays dynamic world, we believe that every academic year comes to us with numerous challenges which, we can tackle with our hard work and expertise. The Business Studies Department has undergone turbulent times in the past and we have been able to overcome these adversities successfully. In our department, we take each threat as a challenge and this account for our success today. Some of the many challenges that lie ahead of us can be:
- To improve our results, year by year as we have done in the past.
- To provide a more holistic education.
- To improve our co-ordination and serve the institution better by keeping our individual differences and ideologies aside.
- With many A’ level schools coming up, to maintain our position as ‘the first choice of the students’.
- Mr. Yasas Samarathunga
- Ms. Zahira Amir
- Ms. Mariyam Samaa
- Ms. Aminath Nazima