Using Facilities & Resources provided by the School
When using the facilities and resources inside the school, proper care should be taken to follow the correct procedures and take the recommended precautions. Users have to take responsibility to any damage caused due to own negligence and failure to follow procedures.Top
The Laboratories of this Centre are equipped with poisonous/harmful chemicals and expensive equipment and therefore students are required to observe the following for the safety of the students and the labs.
- Students are not allowed to enter or stay in the labs without the presence of a teacher to supervise them.
- Students are not allowed to remove any thing from the labs except those personal belongings taken in.
- Eating and drinking is prohibited in all the Labs. This is an international practice to ensure security.
- Students are not allowed to use any chemical/equipment except during the practical lessons and only with the instructions of the teacher.
Details of the library regulations are displayed in the library. Students are required to read and follow them. The main ones are listed below:
- Silence should be observed in the library at all times.
- All Library books should be returned before the due date If a student fails to return the book(s) before the due date a stipulated fine has to be paid by the student.
- Library books should be in rotation among students in order to give equal opportunity for all students to use them. This is the reason why students are given a limited period to borrow the books. Students are not allowed to keep the books in their possession after the due date and continue paying the fine. This is unfair by the rest of the students and strict action will be taken against students who choose to do this.
- Bags, textbooks, writing pads, exercise books or any such items are no allowed into the library. Pen and paper are allowed for making notes.
- If a library book is lost the library should be informed immediately about it and the same book should be bought and replaced by the student.
The Computer Lab
- Be prepared to show your current student ID upon entering the lab.
- Students should enter the lab only in full school uniform.
- Food or drinks are not allowed in the computer lab.
- Keep noise level to a minimum.
- Respect the privacy of others.
- Playing games, electronic chatting and viewing of anti-religious or violen material and pornography in the lab is strictly prohibited.
- Be responsible for your own possessions.
- Do not install or modify any programs.
- Do not open or download any mail attachments unless you are asked to do so and unless it is free from viruses.
- Do not tamper with the computer or peripherals. All faults should be reported to the teacher in charge at the beginning of the lesson.
- Be organized and prepared for your time spent in the lab.
- Student must be seated only on the computer allotted and the student is responsible towards any damages caused during the allotted time.
- All the students must work on the software and applications which the} are supposed to work on, do not open any applications or programs until asked to do so.
- No magnetic media allowed from outside like (floppy disks ,CD's ,DVD'! ect )
- Do not take away any equipment or items that belong to the computer lab.
- Do not switch on or switch off any computer until asked to do so.
- Students are allowed to use the computer only during the time allotted to them.
- For any kind of assistance contact the teacher in charge.
- Any of the students found violating any of the above user policies may be required to discontinue the course.